3.05.2007

at
How I'd Fix Video Games pt.3

posted by Falthorn
pt3
Context Sensitive actions mapped to the same button.

Two disparate actions should not be mapped to the same button. Ideally, each button should be have a theme that pertains to the actions it controls.

IE: The circle button will be used to block, evade or somehow cause you to avoid damage. The X button will cause grievous harm on your enemies, or put parts of your body inside of theirs.

If I press the circle button, I need to know that it will get me the fuck out of harm's way, not cause my character to drop trow because he's within twenty feet of a urinal.

pt.3.a
This should go without saying, but I need to be able to skip your dialog box. Seriously. I don't give a shit if you've lovingly crafted a soliloquy in iambic pentameter with only words whose letters are numeric derivatives of phi and you want to make god-damned sure I read it.
I read faster than a fifth grader, let's pretend that when I press a button, I've got the picture and we should feel free to move on.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home